Harold W. and Muriel Berkman
Charitable Foundation Scholarship
How much is the award?
Who can apply?
- Honorably discharged UGA undergraduate student veterans in good conduct and academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA) who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled at the Athens Campus in residence
Preference, as defined by the scholarship, shall be given in priority order to:
- US Army Combat Infantryman Badge recipients (any field of study/major)
- USMC Combat Action Ribbon (any field of study/major)
- Purple Heart recipients (regardless of branch of service or field of study)
- Business majors
How to apply?
Application must include:
- Official DD 214 (please black out your Social Security number)
- One-page resume
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a faculty/staff selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Award recipients will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this award?
- Harold W. and Muriel Berkman Charitable Foundation