Cannon Financial Institute Award
How much is the award?
Who can apply?
Those who served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard or a current National Guardsman or Reservist
- Must have been honorably discharged, currently on active duty or in reserve status
- Must be a US citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Must be enrolled full time in a UGA resident-based program studying Business or Financial Advising
- Must be in good conduct and academic standing w/ a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25 (cumulative) and graduate GPA of 3.65 (cumulative)
- Graduate and undergraduate student veterans
How to Apply?
Applications must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD-214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a faculty/staff selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Award recipients will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding the Scholarships?
- Cannon Financial Institute is one of the leading global consulting and professional development firms serving the financial services industry