How many scholarships are available, when are they offered, and at what award level?
- Six $500 scholarships offered during the Fall Semester
Who can apply?
Those who served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard or a current National Guardsman or Reservist
- Must have been honorably discharged, currently on active duty or in reserve status
- Must be a US citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Must be enrolled full time in a UGA resident-based program
- Must be in good conduct standing w/ a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.8 (cumulative) and graduate GPA of 3.2 (cumulative)
- Graduate and undergraduate students
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD-214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a faculty/staff selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Award recipients will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition , fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding the Scholarships?
- Change4Georgia a non-profit organization focused on “serving those who served us”