George William Brown Memorial Award
How much is the scholarship?
Who can apply?
An honorably discharged UGA student veteran who is a graduate or undergraduate in good conduct and good academic standing studying at the Athens Campus. Additionally, applicants must be full-time in-residence students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
Though not required, selection preference shall be given in priority order to:
- UGA Grade Point Average of at least 3.0
- Married and/or raising dependent children
- Those with a demonstrated financial need
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD-214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Award recipients will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this award?
- Reverend John Andrew Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution