James and Jessica Whitley Endowed Scholarship
How much is the scholarship?
Who can apply?
- UGA undergraduate student veterans in good conduct and good academic standing who meet the following criteria:
- Served in the Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, Navy, or Coast Guard or a current National Guardsman or Reservist
- Must have been honorably discharged
- Current US citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid
- Full-time UGA students (all levels) enrolled in their second semester or higher
Preference shall be given to a student veteran in financial need.
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- Official DD-214 (please black out your Social Security number)
- One-page resume
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient who has demonstrated high levels of sustained performance in the service, community, and/or on-campus
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Scholarship recipients will find $500 placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include; tuition , fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this scholarship?
- James and Jessica Whitley