SVRC Financial Aid Award
How much is the Scholarship?
- $500 - up to six awards per semester
Who can apply?
Those who served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard or a current National Guardsman or Reservist. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been honorably discharged, currently on active duty or in reserve/NG status
- Must be a US citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Must be either full-time graduate or undergraduate student veterans enrolled in a UGA resident or UGA on-line program
- Must be in good conduct and good academic standing
- Must have a current FAFSA on file that demonstrates financial need
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD-214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The SVRC Director will convene a selection board, which will review the applications and select a recepient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- The award recipient will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this award?
- Individual gifts to the SVRC