Combat Operations Award
How much is the award?
Who can apply?
- An Honorably discharged UGA student veteran, active duty, reserve or national guard member who is a graduate or undergraduate in good conduct and good academic standing studying at the Athens Campus.
Additionally, applicants must be full-time in-residence students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
Though not required, selection preference shall be given in priority order to:
- Purple Heart recipients
- Military service within a DoD-defined Theater of Combat Operations
- UGA GPA of at least 3.0
- UGA Engagement
- Financial Need
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD 214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- The award recipient will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this award?
- The Northeast Chapter of the Military Order of the Purple Heart