How much is the award?
- $500 - up to ten awards per semester
Who can apply?
UGA student veterans who have shown resilience and determination in overcoming difficult “obstacles” to complete their degrees at UGA, are in good conduct and good academic standing, and meet the following criteria:
- Served in the Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, Navy, or Coast Guard or a current National Guardsman or Reservist
- Must have been honorably discharged
- Current US citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Must have a current FAFSA on file that demonstrates financial need
- Full-time undergraduate, graduate, professional, or PhD student at UGA
Preference shall be given to student veterans registered with the Disability Resource Center
How to apply?
The application must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD 214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The Director/SVRC will convene a faculty, staff, and community selection board, which will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- Scholarship recipients will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this scholarship?