How much is the award?
Who can apply?
UGA undergraduate first semester transfer student veteran who meets the following criteria:
- Must be in good academic and good conduct standing
- Must have honorably served as a member of the US Armed Forces
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student veteran currently enrolled at the Athens Campus in residence
- Active participation in an SVA Chapter either at UGA or at a previous school/college
- Participation in the SVRC Orientation and Transition Coaching Program
How to apply?
Application must include:
- One-page resume
- Official DD 214 (please black out your Social Security number)
Who will make the selection decision?
- The SVRC Director and the SVA President will review the applications and select a recipient
When will the money show up and how can the money be used?
- The award recipient will find the award monies placed in their student account generally 2-3 weeks after notification of selection
- The money can be used to fund any component associated with the cost of attendance to include: tuition, fees, books, room, board and miscellaneous expenses
Who is funding this award:
- The UGA Chapter of the Student Veterans of America