Incoming Student Checklist
Understanding your benefits
- Determine which Federal VA educational benefit program(s) you intend to use.
- Compare the monetary assistance provided by each VA educational benefit program.
- Gather the information and paperwork needed for your benefit program.
- Create an eBenefits account and complete the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP).
Applying for admission
- Review admissions information for the student category that applies to you: freshman or transfer undergraduate applicants or graduate school applicants.
- If you are applying for an undergraduate program, mail official copies of your military transcripts to UGA Undergraduate Admissions Office, 210 South Jackson Street, Athens, GA 30602-1633.
- Complete the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for admission to UGA: transfer and undergraduate applicants or graduate program applicants (apply via your respective program’s specific website).
- Questions: contact our admissions liason at email@example.com
After being accepted for admission
- Freshman and transfer undergraduate students—complete all steps listed on the New Dawgs website or in your acceptance packet.
- Graduate students—complete all steps listed in your acceptance packet.
- Review and apply for veteran-related scholarships and fellowships.
- Review the policy on Georgia residency and the UGA policy on Out-of-state tuition differential waivers and complete the appropriate form(s), if applicable.
- Plan to attend the Student Veteran Orientation directly following the Transfer Student Orientation. If you can’t attend the SVRC orientation, please review the Orientation Booklet.
- Contact the UGA Disability Resource Center to obtain an accommodation, if necessary.
- Submit your certification of eligibility for Veterans Educational Benefits and the UGA Certification Form to the UGA Veterans Certifying Official. (Questions: contact VA certification liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Review the list of Academic Liaisons
- Visit the UGA SVRC on Facebook to receive information on activities, events, and support.
- Schedule a Career Counseling appointment with the UGA Career Center.
- Visit the SVRC (Tate Center 481) to access the computer kiosks, printer, and conference room as well as visit the adjacent First Data Student Veteran Lounge (Tate Center 484) overlooking Tate Atrium.
Both the center and the lounge are open M-F from 0800 AM -1000 PM.